Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day #4 January 4

FLEECE
While there is nothing extra special about Fleece. This fleece will become something very special! My daughter's school--Red Mill Elementary--conducts a school wide service project. On January 21 the entire school will take part in CAPS for CANCER. They will make fleece caps to give to children with cancer. While I was going to stop and pick up the fleece for Meredith to take to school, I decided that she should go along and pick out the fleece. I didn't know there were so many fleece patterns...35 minutes later she picked these two patterns. Originally she had another pink fleece picked up but then decided on the camouflage so the boys would have something to wear. That girl is always thinking. This school wide project is such a great idea. I wish my school would do something like this.

1 comment:

  1. If you have a sewing machine and like to use it, then perhaps I'll see you at Red Mill next Saturday (1-15-11) to start sewing up the Caps for Cancer! BTW I love this fleece that your daughter picked out :)

    ReplyDelete