Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day#6 January 6, 2011

SODA TABS FOR RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE

In 2005 I began collecting soda tabs for the Ronald McDonald House in my business education classes. I was inspired by a neighbor who had Sepsis and his family had to stay at the Ronald McDonald House.

Why? The aluminum tabs are sold to a local recycling company; proceeds help with daily operating expenses at the House. The generous amount of tabs collected has been very beneficial to the House and the families we serve. The Ronald McDonald House in Hershey is averaging $1,000 monthly just from these tiny tabs!

While I no longer have my own classroom, the network of people who began collecting with me continue to bring in their soda tabs for me, and I continue to make trips to Hershey to drop off the soda tabs. It is such an easy way to help others. If you have a Ronald McDonald House near you check and see if they collect the tabs.

No comments:

Post a Comment